Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bioshock "We all make choices in life, but in the end our choices make us."

I found this quote very fitting for me! I really enjoyed this game for a number of reasons. I guess what really stands out first and foremost is the art style. I really enjoyed the Art Deco/Nouveau styled environments, which was very fitting for the game and period of time they had the game take place.

Ah, Rapture! I love it. I mean yea, sure, it has crazy weapon upgrades and plasmids that make you shoot fire, but you know what? When playing through the game, it all seems believable. I really like the advertisements in the game. Everything from the wall art to the little animated plasmid videos you get to watch.

I actually enjoy the story. I've personally always been intrigued by stories that go against the norm. Andrew Ryan and Rapture had a very interesting idea in mind. You can tell that Andrew Ryan really believed in his city.

Which leads me to Character development. I love the audio journals. They really make the story for me. I couldn't wait what to hear what the next person had to say. The only annoying thing here was that if you were in action, you couldn't really hear what they were saying. But, you could always just go back and replay it.

I'll be posting my WIP from a scene I've been working on for about 2 weeks now. Please check out www.artofben.com . As my scene is very inspired by his concept art (and obviously, Bioshock)

-Jason

No comments: